In a world where we hear more negative things than positive, we need some inspiration to spread the good. It is easy to get sucked in to the negativity. It is easy to be like “Hey, did you hear about the guy that kidnapped that little girl in Texas?” What??? Why on earth would I want to talk about that? Why don’t we talk about how beautiful it is out today, instead of complaining it is too hot. Or be thankful when it rains because then the plants get the nourishment they need to be beautiful and vibrant. I could go on and on.
I’ve been saying that one day I am going to actually create a POSITIVE news channel. One in which you smile at everything you hear as soon as you turn it on. How refreshing would that be??? The news today is BRUTAL! Who killed who, another massive shooting, cancer this and disease that… No wonder people walk around not smiling and or making eye contact with someone in passing. We are bombarded with negativity and we carry it around with us! It honestly makes me sad.
Start to notice what thoughts cross your mind. Do you hate your ex for breaking up with you? Or are you thankful for the lessons you learned from it? Are you crushed you got laid off? Or will it give you an opportunity to actually do something you like? Are you gossiping about someone who was cheated on? Or without knowing all the sides to the story, are you sending love their way in hopes they find love again? These are just examples of how we get wrapped up into it all. All the chaos. All the chatter.
The reality of it is is that we are only here for a short time. We need to make the most of it. Tomorrow is NOT guaranteed. Don’t you want people to remember you as someone who made their light shine a little brighter? Someone that said something nice instead of something negative consistently?
Below are simple ways to PAY IT FORWARD. Simple ways to spread the love and make someone smile. We need it guys! It is the littlest things what make the biggest impact. Together we can make a change! Let’s do it!
- Smile. A lot.
- Hold the door open for the person behind you.
- In a drive thru, pay for the person behind you.
- Ask a stranger how they are doing.
- Talk to the cashier instead of looking at your phone when checking out.
- Give the gift of presence.
- Send a positive text message to five different people right now.
- Leave a note on someone’s car telling them how awesome they parked.
- Say hi to the person next to you on the elevator.
- Leave a sweet note for someone you love. Maybe stick it their wallet or on their car seat so they are really surprised when they find it.
- Put your phone away while in the company of others.
- Don’t gossip.
- Pick up dog poo even if it isn’t your dog’s.
- Tip well.
- Wave at the people on the side of the road working or directing traffic.
- Shovel your neighbors sidewalk.
- Compliment one person a day.
- Laugh a lot.
- Be an optimist.
- Practice patience.
- Practice power yoga.
- Donate old items to those in need.
- Spend time outdoors.
- Disconnect from electronics.
- Eat at least one meal together as a family, with no electronics at the table.
- Practice kindness.
- Contribute to your favorite charity.
- Wag more. Bark less.
- Never go to bed angry.
- Say thank you when someone holds the door for you.
- Wave when someone lets you go in front of you while driving.
- Support local farms.
- Donate old clothes and toys.
What are some other ways you can pay it forward? Please share!